Friday, March 17, 2023

Green With Envy ~ Wearin’ of The Green Table Style to Spark St. Patrick's Day Tablescapes

 

What is your green tablescape design to welcome friends and family for a green St. Patrick's Day meal?

I hope you're inspired by my Éirinn go Brách homage to Irish influence.

Just like every good garden design, good tablescape design also tells a story …




In these table designs, I used whimsy and legacy. It was fun to use the potato conceit ~ as a metaphor to help tell that part of the Irish story; 

gold coins as only those leprechauns can bestow; 

books because the Irish are arguably the best storytellers; 

 

castles ~ as told by silver music boxes ~ that I also use as a surprise serving dish for appetizers ~ a;pmg with green table gardens ~ here I used oxalis or the “shamrock” plant, green carnations, moss, grocery store blossoms, and orchids, and mix real with faux ~ and the promise of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. 🌈

     





I like to mix the green color theme with punches of purple or pink to create a nuanced and balanced composition. 

 


More Green Table Style Ideas

Here, I use a gold and green color palette. So day or night, the table decor is glittering.. 

 


Some years I use a green tablecloth. And a runner. Or placemats. 

I do like using double napkins for a more glamorous pouf of style.  I use napkin rings or ribbons… The napkin rings and name card holders are a lovely design touch that amplifies the story and seasonal look ~ plus it makes your guests feel extra special. 

I also use a mix of glassware: colored and crystal for water, wine, and champagne stemware. 

 


Please enjoy these tablescapes, brimming with Irish linens and in some cases, fabric remnants 🙂~ green plants, Irish crystal, green glitter that I sprinkle freely on the tablecloth (can’t ever have too much glitter!), whimsical things that catch my fancy and delight our guests. 

I use the Louis Sherry tins in many of my tablescapes ~ they are available in a variety of colors.

   


 The the green orchids from Koppert Cress ~ will make you weep 💚.


I hope I’ve inspired you with some glamorous and elegant St. Patrick’s Day, green tablescape ideas…


Cheers! 


Materials include: Lenox, Waterford, Spode, Echo William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, ABC Carpet & Home, Sickles Market, Etsy, local antique shops, flea markets, lots and lots of re-purposed home decor items I look at 
and think, "That would add to a great table design!" and more...  
That's the art and fun of telling a good tablescape story.

2 comments:

  1. This table scape is a favorite for me, being
    Of Irish decent. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I think it is also very nice to put green plants on the table. I always have lilies on my table.

    ReplyDelete