Friday, February 23, 2024

Here's How to Style An Elegant Pink and Green Tablescape Look To Delight Your Guests

 

With the joyful blessing of two special occasions on the calendar, I was looking to design a table setting that would work for the different occasions.

With a mirific sense of sophisticated style and garden glamour, of course.

Here's how to delight your guests with an elegant combination of nature's favorite colors: pink and green.



I was eagerly anticipating my interview with the world-renowned ethnobotanist, Dr. Cassandra Quave for my Ladies Who Lunch Conversations videocast on Facebook ~ so green and lots of plants were, ahem, the natural choices for that special occasion as an homage to the Plant Hunter aka, Cassandra and her work discovering plants that can heal us.

But I also wanted to bring in Pink because, well, everyone knows that girls love Pink!

I used my yards of pink tulle, fairy lights, and new Parisian cafe lights that I can change from a pink to a green hue with the touch of a remote ~ I love that. Adds drama and a certain jena se quoi


When my wholesale florist was unexpectedly closed, I picked up some green and pink Alstroemeria's ~ Lily of the Incas ~ to cut and place in the low, long table vase fronted by pink Hypericum Berries.


On the crisp green and white striped Hester & Cook table runner, the Portuguese cabbage bowl holds faux moss balls nestled with pink rose petals and feathers.

Who doesn’t love happy stripes?

I repurposed some unused black & white marble coasters to use as mini cake stands. Bill created them using mini dowels, painted white, black, or gold for the stand and glued to the coaster. Voila! A place for sweet mini vases and table cards.

The chargers are cabbage themed, too:
Topped by green and white Echo brand dinner plates topped by vintage glass plates.
I love the crisp green & white embroidered linen napkins from William & Sonoma.

The “ghost” napkin rings are vintage. They have a kind of mini-vase where water for the bud or bloom goes. Here I used a faux green florette.

The personalized place cards are from a sweet boutique near our Gotham apartment. They always have something I covet 😀like these and the flamingo salt and pepper shaker! I love these exotic birds.

               
Add in some grocery store green carnations, a few of my potted ferns, battery operated candles.

I wear my marble hearts on my table runner! These hearts have proved so versatile, adding their special table and barscape love to many a design.

Please enjoy this video tour of this pretty-in-pink and green tablescape.

Turns out, a pink and green tablescape is just the right look that can elevate so many of your home entertaining occasions.




So garden-inspired glamorous!

And so was this garden crown I got to wear for the Conversation and for fun ladies’ luncheons. 🙂 


4 comments:

  1. A wonderful table to sit down to , makes the meal more enjoyable. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a delightful thing to write! Thank you. I couldn't agree with you more ~ making the place we gather to eat and enjoy a meal with loved ones, makes your guest ever more enjoyable and memorable. Please keep following and sharing your valuable feedback here on Garden Glamour. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Great looking table and a very informative interview. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm thrilled you like the table look ~ pink and green with twinkly lights and garden plants ~ is a winning combination for sure. And I appreciate that you found the Ladies Who Lunch Conversations with Dr. Cassandra Quave so informative. I'll be writing in detail about the Conversation. Stay tuned :) and please do share the Posts. Cheers.

      Delete