Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Art of Entertaining: Table Decor Trends & Forecasts from the Tabletop Show That I’m Obsessing Over

 

What’s in style for the latest in tablescape design for home entertaining? 

I attended the New York Tabletop Show last week to catch all the latest products and frankly, to be inspired by the remarkable makers and brands as presented by The Tabletop Association.

I love this show.  I can browse and take in the glamorous tablescapes from more than 120 vendors who have their showrooms at 41 Madison Avenue.  Walking up, I stopped to take in the unique table designs at ABC Carpet.  An aperitif if you will.

Here’s what delighted me:



I was quick to circle those brands I most wanted to see and scrabbled my way through this gg show that is all about entertaining in style

What I Noted as Trends

  • Mix and match Drinkware ~ colored glass stems with colored bowls. Or colored bowls with clear stems. Or… You get the idea. 

  • Jewel Toned Colors ~ I especially was drawn to the rich, green malachite happy polka dots at Kate Spade.

Or the soft sage with complementing green glasses

  • Legacy pieces revived at a few brands. It’s so interesting to learn about the design heritage of what made these collections so enduring. 

  • Across the board, there is a bounty of Casual Dining Collections.  And melamine is having its moment. The material has come sooo far in terms of good-looking design for outdoor and perhaps, everyday use. 

Lenox ~ Blue Bay Melamine,

  • Spin the color wheel ~ from glassware and dishes at Villeroy and Bosch, there is a fabulous line of color.  I saw my green glasses on display there.  I use them in all kinds of tablescape designs.  

I also saw rich colors of nature: brown, gray, wheat, sky.  

   

  • Boules or stackable nesting bowls with full place settings

Mickey Mouse for the 1% ~ Here’s to the Ears for pets!  So cute, 

  • The troops are on the move! I saw tons of portable or mobile containers ~ There are categories now for Hydration, Coffee (don’t say Thermos), Water Bottle and Cocktails! The cocktail cutie is a kind of trapezoid container with a wide bowl at the top.  To-Go cups or Solo cups can’t hold a candle to these beauties. 

 

This design feature is a much-needed solution ~ bringing glamour to the table and ease of use in the kitchen.

  • Complementary Fragrances and Scents to heighten the home entertainment experience


Tablescape Inspiration

  I very much liked seeing this tablescape because I too have used faux grass or turf in my tablescape designs! 

And I loved seeing “my” pink Trianna place setting collection!

  I use these pieces for so many table designs ~ they look so welcoming and refreshing and, well, everything is just so pretty-in-pink.

This was my Pink tablescape using Lenox Trianna.


Martha’s collection was super casual and for a reason I can’t really understand, the colors match the cooking pots and pans.  Too much matchy/matchy for my taste… 

I did very much like these bold stripes and animal images ~ you know I adore those pretty flamingos, especially. 

More inspiring table designs: The succulents and the side swath of the table runner are great decor ideas.


    

Not too early to think about the Christmas holidays?  I thought the table runners ~ here in the basket ~ would help create a festive holiday tablescape mood and design to layer upon.  

And I always say I’m going to purchase real Christmas dishes but then…. Maybe this year…

The other side of the casual designs, is Christofle  ~ always delivers on quiet elegance:

 

ABC Carpet never disappoints with its inspiring table designs. I adore this green “Fox Thicket Folly” from Ginori 1735.

  Jewel tones and glassware, and 

  Patterns, patterns, patterns.

  Praying for a home entertainment fantasy?!  Here is Ginori’s 1735 to inspire your next table setting. 

And In a collaborative art endeavor, the maker provides a fragrance to complement the table decor.  Ginori had placed two Scratch and Sniff cards on the table for customers to sample.


I found these two utterly transporting:

“Fox Thicket Folly” ~ “A Gothick (sic) folly in the Cotwalds, warmed by a crackling fire. The scent of woodsmoke, cedar, patchouli and tobacco.

And “La Gazelle D’Or” that is described as “Dappled shade in the Marrakech media. Mint tea and geranium oil, with the heady scent of Moroccan rose.”


Don’t you just love the heightened sensual experience here?  Light enough to just suggest Mother Nature ~ but no interference with your food’s heady aroma.


I covet these plates ~ sporting my other favorite exotic bird: the peacock.

Alas, they are not in my budget 🙁

  But a girl can dream….

These mugs are priceless.  The Eyes have it. Or the florals. Or … What a cute design to inspire your morning coffee or afternoon tea time. A wee bit pricey but...


Most all of these designs are available at retail, online or soon will be.  

I hope you are inspired by these tabletop trends.


Whether for a formal tablescape or a casual dining experience, it’s all so glamorous.  


Cheers. 








2 comments:

  1. Leeann, thanks so much for all this great information. It makes decision making a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete