Monday, April 10, 2023

How To Create A Convivial Easter Table Design Inspired by Nature & The Glamour of Spring


 

Any holiday marked by copious amounts of chocolate is tops in my happy world.

What was your Easter tablescape story?  Did you share a sweet, candy-laden display or a  rabbit nest with bonny does and her cuddly kits? And what about the colored eggs that look like jewels?

The joy of designing artful tablescapes is to tell a story that celebrates an occasion and the season.  Not unlike good garden art that is an exciting, changeable story, so too should your table designs embrace the transformative magic of art and nature. 

Spring and new beginnings is one of my most favorite holiday times of the year. 

To celebrate this special ephemeral extravaganza, I created a home entertaining table design; imagining fanciful layers using vintage accessories, pieces from my travels, family treasures and fairy magic… 

Here’s how.



When I was dreaming about our Easter tablescape, I intuitively felt I wanted to go with our Lenox by Marchesa china for a cool, blue and white color palette ~ with their oooohhh, elegant peacock plates. 

 

I could add color to the ambiance with some sophisticated pastel features. 

At the same time, I was inspired by an image I saw in a magazine ~ or was it Instagram? ~ of hanging Easter eggs from a centerpiece of white twigs.

I had the perfect vase, after all.

And I had the blown-out, colored eggs I made years ago for me, Bill and my parents: George and Virginia. I still have ours and treasure my father’s even more after he died. Mother displays hers at her home. (Maybe she will share it for our egg tree?!) 

Bill helped me source the white twigged, with timer lights.  And after some searching, I landed the lightweight serene blue, in different shades, for the hanging eggs with fern designs that would work so well with our family “heirloom” monogrammed eggs. Perfect.

The piece de resistance here is the white table runner art that was created by my talented cousin, Teri, who not only created the design but also curated the vintage threads to complete the look. It’s so incredible to marvel at… I really cannot take my eyes off it every time I showcase the piece.

I knew I wanted that artful design to dominate the table look; added serendipity ~ it also nodded to the peacock plates.

I wove fairy lights as a kind of frame around the peacock table runner.

It now sparkles and winks with the evening glow.

    

What to layer in?

Flowers ~ simple white tulips ~ don't you just love the way tulips seductively swoon?

I also added handmade rabbit and carrot candies.

It was fun shopping for unexpected, sweet treats at the local candy emporium. Difficult to choose but we went for the truffles, the duck peanut butter cups, carrot candy sticks, milk chocolate rabbits, and ...

The candies added that holiday spark to the table decor. I tiered some on the white bunny dishes. I also included topiaries, chicken egg cups filled with holiday hard-boiled eggs.

And I reused some of February's Year-of-the-Rabbit accessories, including place card holders, and seating cards.  Too cute. 


I love the wood of our antique table and look to showcase it, sans tablecloth, as often as I can. 

Here, besides the light blue linen runner from Williams-Sonoma, I used my darker blue placemats. 

I added our sophisticated Italian glassware, pairing it with our blue and white Spode glasses. I use these versatile glasses as both water and wine glasses, depending on the need and the table design. 

I couldn’t help but add the Williams-Sonoma bunny plates ~ they are so colorful and downright huggable.

All the details create a home entertaining tableau that delights guests and creates a convivial table conversation ~ hopefully about nature, spring, holiday traditions, and love…

Here’s a quick video tour of the nature-inspired table style:


Cheers to glamorous, spring gatherings. 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the rabbits. They are perfect. Color scheme, blue and white, so spring. The table makes a happy place. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I'm thrilled that you love those cuddly doe / Rabbits and their kits. Aren't those elegant boas just so lovely? So Adorable? Blue and white and spring does indeed make a happy place. Enjoy your seasonal splendor. Cheers.

      Delete