Thursday, December 28, 2023

Connecting the Gold Dots To Create An Abundant, Happy Holiday Table Design

 


It’s said that one of the reasons we all love dots so much is that dots are linked to the amygdala or the emotion in our brains proving why we’re attracted to the shape. Plus, the dots mix play with abundance ~ two things that are proven to bring joy.


Subconsciously, I must’ve just felt the liveliness and energy that dots make us feel, so I was drawn to celebrating our holiday table with happy, gold dots as a design theme.


Here’s how I layered this timeless and versatile look:




Dots trigger that part of our brain that helps to store memories of events and emotions so why not make that memory a happy one for this time of year?


White and gold are timeless, elegant colors.  And calming too.  Plus, I figured if we weren’t able to celebrate a White Christmas with even any hint of snow, then I could surely decorate with the purity and simplicity of a white monochrome-inspired design.


Some years ago, I purchased the Lenox white plates with the gold confetti on the borders and I’ve used them in a number of seasonal and themed table settings, so I started there.

Because I only had  four of the plates, and we were hosting a Christmas dinner for family, for a total of five guests, I wanted  to get some additional plates.  I had never been to World Market but my clients often raved about their selections.  And when I saw a lighted sleigh at my hairdresser’s that was discovered at the store ~ I thought it time I checked it out.

There, I was able to not only get white plates with a solid gold border that would work with the Lenox, but I also found sala plates in the same gold and ones with  polka dots.   

Continuing my lucky streak, I found the gold polka dot napkins I wanted ~ and the tablecloth was included as my very own lagniappe!

Talk about hitting gold… I used gold sparkly ribbons as the napkin rings.  

You can see how I was able to mix and match the patterns to achieve the joyful look:  

                   

I had scored the “solid gold” chargers from an estate sale a few years ago.  

The gold cutlery was found on Etsy and I use it frequently.  Looking smashing here… 

The centerpiece was to be a simple but enchanting display. I looked through my accessories and Christmas decor to design this holiday “forest” look using gold trees with tea lights under them; smaller glittery gold trees; two of the glass Christopher Radko Santa ornaments gifted to me by a cherished aunt ~ and placed all on a mirror sample I had from I don’t know where 🙂


I placed a few of the Nutcrackers on the table, especially those vintage ones I found last year when I hosted the toy designer for my Ladies Who Lunch Conversations and I wanted oodles of toys on the table. 


The glasses are the vintage Waterford with angels and snowflakes, and I used the green Spode for the water glasses ~ adding a wee bit of holiday color to complement the red Nutcrackers.  


I adore snow globes so when I found a tree snow globe ~ I knew it was coming home with us!  And it reflected the lit tree shining behind it for a magical, mystical glow.


And remember, another key element to tablescape design besides color and texture is using different elevations so that your eyes are dazzled by the variety of the display.  Here I used raised display risers in glistening silver for a romantic look. 

 

What to add to complete the table decor?


Some gold jingle bells “scattered” on either side of the centerpiece; fairy lights tucked ‘round them and mini white santa hats (also conceals the battery); remote controlled candles, name tags bordered in red, a white faux rose in crystal,

and gold and silver and white holiday fun crackers ~ filled with crowns, jokes, and toys.  It’s always a blast to pop these open at the end of the entrée, before dessert as a bit of a break from all that good eating.  

Mother loves solving the puzzles… Like a cobra, she is very focused 🥰

And my winter white headpiece with glittery, glamorous lights. (You can’t miss it in the video).

I also use my white sheepskin at the table ~ not only does it look dreamy,  but if Mother, or anyone else gets a wee bit chilly…

But the fire is always roaring for that warm ambiance…

           

The lights and fire and glass all reflect and refract the glow of the accessories ~  especially those gold dots…

Please enjoy this video tour of the Winter White Holiday Tablescape.  With a few minor adjustments, it can take you right through New Year’s Eve. 


And I did get my sleigh...

 

The gifts looked so festive tucked into Santa’s carriage.


I wish you much love, peace, and good health.  

Thank you for reading and enjoying my Garden Glamour blog.  I appreciate you.


2 comments:

  1. So inspiring. Good taste in everything. We all should try to do something like that. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always,a beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete