Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Fun, Festive Ways We Celebrated The Best Patriotic Independence Day Party with Family & Friends



It did feel a bit like double-dipping.

As if I’d implored, “Make mine a double.” Double Birthdays, that is.

On July 7th, we celebrated not only Mother’s 98th Birthday!!

But it was also when the town marked Independence Day with their spectacular fireworks. So we saluted both with one sensational party.

Here’s how Bill and I worked to create a patriotic party that mixed the old-fashioned “America the Beautiful” with Mother’s extraordinary birthday.



Frankly, I was grateful for the later party date this year as it gave me more time to prepare the gardens, tablescape, food and drink. And the double-chocolate birthday cake.

Always, my aim is to host our guests with a special party brimming with delightful, surprising, whimsical, and traditional elements that will make the night a memory they will cherish.

My Mother’s birthday is July 3rd and if you look up firecracker in the dictionary, you wouldn’t be surprised to find her there
😀 


You may already have read or heard me describe our annual birthday party that coincides with the Fireman’s Fair and truly extraordinary fireworks display put on by the town where we are fortunate to have our country house.

There are many elements to the party that are America’s tradition that I love to embrace and share, and many that are personal ~ unique to our family and to my home.

For this Post, (after our party), I looked into what are the ways Americans traditionally celebrate Independence Day/ Fourth of July; I was delighted to learn we pretty much nailed it. Every year!

What are these most popular ways to mark America’s Birthday? According to WikiHow To do anything:
  • Host a backyard BBQ ~ Gather with friends and family for tasty hot dogs (that’s an oxymoron for me ~ but that’s another story :) Guests did gobble up Bill’s favorite Thuman’s hot dogs. An abundance of Bill’s sliders, grilled chicken and lots of shared tasty treats. In addition, I ask guests to bring a covered dish so we get to taste a variety of salads, fruits, and more. This year, everyone loved Gigi’s tamales. 
  • Spend Time Outdoors With Family & Friends ~ I’m counting the fact that we were all outdoors touring our gardens and socializing. I admit, I was disappointed that no one played bocce in our newly-created bocce ball court. I guess we’re not such a “gamey” family; preferring the cocktail party conversations to any sports, as refined as they may be. I always have lots of Bubbles for the kids to play with. I love it and so do they :) 

  • Light Sparklers ~ This we surely did - igniting the fuses on top of Mother’s special 98 cake I baked for the party. You can’t deny my excitement here! I adore sparklers as much as I do fireworks.
   
Flying Old Glory             
There are so ways and places where I can decorate with our beautiful, evocative American flag.
  • Listening to Music at Outdoor Concerts & Performing Arts:
  We enjoyed our own special ~ private performing artist: my brother, the Grammy~Nominated musician and composer, James Popik music 
  • Dressing in Red, White, and Blue/Wear Patriotic Outfits

     

  • Fun Accessories

  I always provide a variety of different washable patriotic tattoos!

 

  • Tablescape Design to Celebrate Two Great Birthdays ~ Inside and Out

 


Fireworks, Fireworks, Fireworks!
Enjoy the Fireworks Finale video below (last image in this series). I adore fireworks and can never get enough of this "Sky Glitter!"

     

Another suggestion about how to celebrate Independence Day that I didn’t need to 

research but was happy to see it included: “*Friends and Loved Ones.” 

I hope you and your loved ones enjoyed a spectacular holiday.

And that you can use some or all of my shared entertaining ideas.

Cheers to a glamorous, glorious Old Glory celebration.


2 comments:

  1. Such fun living that wonderful party over again. Everything was perfect. Thank you so much. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh ~ more of that double-dipping I wrote I about. I'm thrilled it was a double feature for you ~ reliving a wonderful party brimming with family, food, and fireworks. Cheers.

      Delete