Saturday, December 4, 2021

Holiday House Breast Cancer Benefit Features Exquisite Tablescapes & My Talk: How to Host a Festive Holiday Cocktail Party!

 




Whether it’s Bing Crosby or Michael Buble, you may be singing this favorite, seasonal melody right about now: “It’s beginning to look a lot like…” But I’ll add this kicker: It’s beginning to look a lot like holiday parties are back. With mindfulness, of course. But we are welcoming family and friends to our homes to celebrate the holidays. And nothing gets family and friends in the holiday mood like festive cocktails and a pretty table setting!


So it’s no surprise that I’m over the moon, excited to be a featured speaker at this year’s annual Holiday House “Coming Together” Tabletop Event.

I’m thrilled to also be designing a Tablescape for the show. 


It’s no wonder that I’m singing “My Favorite Things.” That’s because The Holiday House will offer a combination of what are truly my favorite things. In addition to Cocktails, the event will highlight Design, and showcase Tablescapes


Is that not the trifecta of an Entertaining Lifestyle?


Inspiration 

There are several sources of inspiration for the signature cocktail I’ve created for the Holiday House event: the locale ~ and former owner (wink) ~ design, and the glittery holiday season. 

According to Holiday House, “This event will take place at The Elizabeth Collective at 10 W 56 ST in NYC from December 8th-10th, 2021. The townhouse, formerly owned by Elizabeth Taylor, was originally designed by famed architectural firm Warren & Wetmore of Grand Central Terminal. From its light, limestone exterior to its white-walled mezzanine and grand-sweeping staircase, the building’s architectural elements exude luxury and expertly pay homage to its rich NY history. The townhouse will be a fabulous venue for this Tabletop Event and a stunning backdrop for our designer’s exquisite tablescapes and our celebration of being together again in person!”


I never knew that Liz and Richard lived together in Gotham. How’d I miss that? 

When Bill and I met Iris and Shaina there last month for the site visit, I was smitten with the design, the pretty white look and the glamorous sweetheart staircases, balconies, and lots of mirrors that infuse the space. It will add to the glittery evenings there.  

Naturally, Liz’s famous violet eyes inspired me for creating both the Signature Cocktail and the tablescape. 


The Talk: How to Host a Festive Holiday Cocktail Party

I’ll be talking about how to curate a Posh Party ~ a cocktail party to celebrate our coming together.   For many, this will be the first holiday in several years after missing one another due to the pandemic. 

We are resilient, however.  And I just love Liz’s classic quote about keeping it real and think you’ll be equally inspired:

“Pour Yourself a Drink, Put on Some Lipstick, and Pull Yourself Together.”

https://www.maxpixel.net/static/photo/1x/Passion-Love-Mouth-Female-Lipstick-Lips-Kiss-6031474.jpg

I adore that dame ~ and all things Cocktail Culture… 


At the talk, I’ll share some of my tips on hostessing a glamorous, garden-to-glass cocktail party.  

I find most folks might avoid serving cocktails at home because they’re just too intimidated and so resort to “just” wine and/or beer.  The talk will be a guide to taking the mystery out of setting up a cocktail composition.

While sharing cocktail lore and background stories and shaking up the Signature Cocktail I’ve named “Gilded Violet Eyes.” I’ll share the recipe with you later, after it’s glittery premiere at The Holiday House. I am excited to share now that I had been asked to trial Wölffer Estates gin ~ made with some of my favorite botanicals. Everything about this gin is sublime: from the garden-inspired bottle to the taste. Nice and light. I’m also using a favorite spirit: Lillet Blanc. I’ve always loved its botanicals of fruits, herbs, sweet and bitter orange peels, and cinchona bark. And a dash of the violet liquor made from Austrian wildflowers, Creme de Violette. 

I’m also super excited to again be able to showcase Flavour Fields, a favorite grower of edible flowers (and culinary ingredients including microgreens, and spices. Wait till you see the perfect, artful garnish ~ a truly showstopping garden-to-glass finishing touch!


I’ll talk about how to set up a barscape that delights you and your guests and elevates the party’s  memories. 

We have all come to cherish our time together ~ why not make it as special as it can be?  

I’ll discuss how to set up an elegant yet functional barscape ~ everything from the spirits, glassware, and ice, to all those swanky accessories, including cocktail napkins, fancy toothpicks, coasters, and cocktail shakers, to music, flowers, and lighting. 


The Tablescape

The inspirations noted previously, led me to a royal purple and gold theme, diamonds ~ of course ~ gold, star glitter, twinkling lights. Stay tuned how this will all come together. Exciting!! 

I do hope you will purchase tickets to the Holiday House Coming Together event. Thre will be dozens of world-class designers showcasing their tale decor talents. I’d love to see you there. And at my talk.  If geography is keeping us apart :) please do consider contributing to the benefit’s cause.  


Proceeds from the event are In Support of Breast Cancer Research ~ (as written by the Holiday House):

“Founder Iris Dankner is a 20+ year breast cancer survivor and created Holiday House to raise crucial funds for the prevention and cure of breast cancer.


Proceeds from Holiday House events benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF), which was founded by Evelyn Lauder in 1993 and works tirelessly towards achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer by providing critical funding for innovative clinical research at leading medical centres worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health.”


Cheers to your next Posh Party. Straight up or on the rocks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment